Cross-curricular projects for grades 1-7:
Bookmaking Across Subjects: Making Learning Last Longer (EDUTOPIA.ORG)
Symonds Elementary School
GRADES K-5 | KEENE, NH
Taking class projects schoolwide makes learning more fun, more engaging, and more lasting for students. Symonds Elementary uses schoolwide projects like bookmaking to blend academics and art in ways that excite and engage students, build school community, and make learning feel more personalized and fun.
You can find more info about this school + useful resources here: http://www.edutopia.org/practice/bookmaking-across-subjects-making-learning-last-longer
- Lesson Plan: Making How-To Books (Scholastic)
- Bookmaking Lesson Plan (Utah Museum of Fine Arts)
- Origami Bookmaking Lesson Plan (Los Angeles Museum of Art)
- Bookmaking Bibliography (Library of Congress)
- Resources for Bookmaking (Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord)
- Books, Blogs, and Downloads for Kids’ Bookmaking (Bookmaking With Kids)
- Art, Books, and Creativity Curriculum (ABC)
- Ezra Jack Keats Bookmaking Competition (New York City Department of Education)
- Idioms Packet (Symonds Elementary School)
Thank you to http://www.edutopia.org for this great idea!
More coming soon!