Salary grids for September 1, 2014 and January 1, 2015 are available in PDF format.
The salary grids reflect the first two salary increases of the six-year collective agreement, effective September 1, 2014 (2.0%) and January 1, 2015 (1.25%).
Additional salary increases are scheduled for the following dates:
July 1, 2016 (1.0%);
July 1, 2017 (.5%);
May 1, 2018 (1.0%);
July 1, 2018 (0.5%) and
May 1, 2019 (1.0%).
Teachers may also receive an additional percentage increase as of May 1 of 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, referred to as the Economic Stability Dividend (ESD). The salary grids will be updated in each subsequent year of the collective agreement, once potential salary increases from the ESD are known.
Contact your local union office to ask when the EI workshop is being offered. There might be two different versions of the workshop for your local; one for contract teachers on layoffs, and one for TTOC’s. (Example: phone The Quesnel Teachers’ Association)
Interested in becoming a workshop facilitator? Click here to see BCTF Opportunities for Members > Facilitator / Committee postings (Updated regularly)
- General EI information for BCTF members
- Employment insurance: Navigating the EI Claim Process
- Navigating the EI Claim Process for TTOCs, Employment Insurance seminar
This seminar helps TTOCs understand the steps to follow in applying for, and obtaining, EI benefits.
- Employment Insurance and Teachers
- Digest of Benefit Entitlement Principles: Chapter 14 – Teachers
- 2015 EI information from Service Canada
- Service Canada decision escalation and complaint process