Forming a Chapter
The forming of a local chapter affords the opportunity for more contact with colleagues and adds weight for action on behalf of those concerned at both local and provincial levels. Any interested group of Early Career Teachers and TTOCs may form a chapter, with (or without) more experienced teachers. The majority of local Early Career Teachers in your chapter should have membership in the provincial specialist association of BCECTA.
Steps to be taken:
- Inform your local PD chairperson.
- Inform the provincial BCECTA President who serves as the chapter co-ordinator for the BCTF’s Early Career Teachers’ Association. The president or any member of the provincial executive can help you in the organization of your chapter, if you so desire.
- Forward your constitution and a list of your executive officers to the provincial LATA President. This will constitute your official BCECTA chapter status.
Responsibilities to the Provincial Association (PSA):
As a local chapter, you should:
- encourage membership in BCECTA and stay informed provincially through BCECTA publications, such as our newsletter (which will be sent to BCECTA members ___ times per year – TO BE ANNOUNCED), and our website.
- keep the BCECTA president informed of concerns and pertinent changes concerning Early Career Teachers in your school district; and
- relay information to your local membership as you receive it from the provincial BCECTA.
Responsibilities of the Provincial Association (PSA):
The Provincial Association (PSA) commits to the responsibility of keeping the local chapter (LSA) informed and updated:
- through our president;
- through our publications; and
- through our professional development opportunities.
BCECTA encourages chapter networking, education, and involvement between the local BCECTA chapters and the provincial BCECTA association. To facilitate this process, BCECTA will provide a designated sum of money toward a local chapter president or a chapter representative attending the provincial BCECTA AGM, which is held in _______ each year. – TO BE ANNOUNCED
Apply through the BCECTA provincial president-elect, Amanda Long: email@example.com