We are thrilled to present our very first conference, thanks to support from the Computer Using Educators’ Association (CUEBC)! CUEBC is an organization of volunteer teachers dedicated to promoting the educational uses of technology in the classroom, and we couldn’t be more grateful for their support.
Details are below. Register before Sept 21st to get discounted early-bird rates!
IMPORTANT: When you register, make sure you select “BCECTA” as your professional specialist association. This ensures that the proper data goes through.
Chris Kennedy is Superintendent of the West Vancouver School District. (The West Vancouver District is making huge waves lately as the upcoming host and organizer for
Our conference will feature:
- Exciting and valuable gifts and doors prizes (including a $40+ valued gift for all registrants)
- Over 30+ sessions focused on topics relevant to Early-Career Teachers and all K-12 interests and skills, especially for those curious about incorporating technology!
- Hot catered lunch and snacks included in registration fee
- Great opportunities to network and connect with like-minded colleagues
- Opportunities to try out and enjoy hands-on experiences with a variety of emerging technologies
- Apply for local PD funding in case it can help refund registration costs: contact your local teachers’ association PD rep
Early Bird Rate (until September 21):
$125 BCTF Member
$150 Non BCTF Member
Regular Rate (after Sept 22nd):
$150 BCTF Member
$175 Non BCTF Member
Venue Information (click for Google Maps)
We will also be holding our Annual General Meeting after the conference, with food & refreshments as a social event for all of our members! We can’t wait to see all of you and celebrate our first anniversary as an official Professional Specialist Association. It has been a tremendous achievement for early-career teachers to come together and form such a passionate initiative for supporting student teachers, new teachers, and TTOCs. This social event and AGM are our opportunity to say thank you, involve you in decisions, and build excitement for things to come!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us in the BC Early Career Teachers’ Association executive committee if you have any questions (email, phone, or text 604-862-2045). We are excited to celebrate our first anniversary, so we can’t wait to see you in Port Coquitlam on October 21st!
(Pictured: Laura – Secretary, Katherine – Outgoing conference chair, Colin – outgoing member at large, Mark – interim webmaster, Alexa – interim editor, Alexandra – member at large, Amanda – President, Nicole – Vice President, Amanda R. – Treasurer, Gita – Member & co-chair of the VESTA TTOC Committee. Special thanks to our photographer Chris, TTOC chair for the North Vancouver Teachers’ Association.)